July 2, first Anglo Gonzales settlement attacked by Indians – settlers evacuate the area
July 1, City Council ordained that south one-half of Church Square (Block 32) be leased to Baptist Church for 99 years if a “commodious church is erected within three years”
July 9, report of the acts of the Texas Legislature includes an act to abolish the law which provided 1260 acres to veterans of the Texas Revolution.
July 16, an ordinance is passed levying a license fee of $2.50 per year for persons who pursue the occupation of boot blacking.
July 3, the work of putting in curbing and cement walks around the East Avenue State Park is progressing nicely. Included is a cement bridge over the creek. Some citizens are also contracting to have cement walks poured in front of their residences.
July 4, Jahnke Jewelry announces that it has installed a “Time Sounder” which will be set at the correct time every morning at eleven according to the United States Observatory at Washington. Folks may call to get the correct time.
July 4, the park commissioners announce that the land on East Avenue between Tinsley Creek and Kerr Creek is State-owned park land and no livestock will be permitted to be on this land.
July 22, Frank M. Fly House nearing completion, 827 St. Joseph Street
July 10, a census report shows 669 goats in Gonzales County, valued at $1240.
July 10, a census report shows that land in Gonzales County now averages $21.13 per acre, up $11.25 per acre in the last decade.
July 5, barbecue dinner served to over 6,000 people as Gonzales celebrated the Fourth of July with ball games, orations, dances, and fireworks.
July 11, a party from San Marcos has leased the Hoskins building (then known as the Plaza Theatre) and is reworking it to put in a skating rink.
July 17, Nettie Willett School (on north avenue) sold to Lutheran Church with ½ square of land for $1000.
July, bees of August Pape’s of Monthalia produced 30,000 pounds of honey