The Gonzales Chapter of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas is promoting a drawing to raise money for the J.B. Wells House & Museum Preservation Project.
The drawing will be held after 500 tickets are sold, and they are going for $5 apiece.
The prizes available for winning ticket holders will be:
• A historical landscape original painting by Gonzales artist Mayron Ellis Cole.
• A bluebonnet landscape original painting by David Radicke from San Antonio.
• A print of “The Flying Artillery” by artist Bruce Marshall, commissioned and signed by Dr. Patrick J. Wagner, the discoverer and researcher of the original Come & Take It Cannon.
• A print of John Wayne with 1986 Texas Republic first day issue stamped envelope by artist Don Adir.
• A tour for ten to experience the J.B. Wells Historic House & Museum, including a salad luncheon served in the J.B. Wells home.
“We’re really hoping to make some nice renovations to this beautiful, historic home,” said Polly Fink, Chairman of the House Committee. “This is, as many people know, a highly celebrated edifice in the Gonzales community.”
You can buy your tickets at the Chamber of Commerce office, County Collectibles on St. Paul Street, from chapter members, or by calling 672-9793 or 672-4889.